Bitcoin in July 2018 [Infographics]
The unpredictable exchange rate of Bitcoin continues to surprise the holders. From the beginning of the year, the rate has continued to dance. The attitude toward Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is not ambiguous in different countries, but nevertheless, the audience of Bitcoin is steadily growing.
Let’s take look at the situation with Bitcoin in July 2018
Bitcoin in July, 2018
- More than 3,000 days have passed since the first block was mined.
- To date, there are about 530,000 blocks.
- The size of Bitcoin is more than 170 Gb.
- Network is supported by 9,600 nodes.
Learn how Bitcoin is improving its scalability
Is it legal
- Bitcoin is illegal in Bolivia, Bangladesh, Morocco, Vietnam, Algeria, Macedonia, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Qatar.
- Bitcoin is restricted in China, Bolivia, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Zambia, Iran, India, Indonesia.
Half of these countries are Muslim and Bitcoin is illegal due to religious restrictions. Other countries on the list have different reasons, but the main delineating factor is that banks of these countries do not want to share their money monopoly.
The price of Bitcoin is incredibly unstable, and often fluctuates in accordance with world politics and economics. In June the price of Bitcoin was roughly 7,000 USD.
Bitcoin has continually ranked first among the top 10 cryptocurrencies with a capitalization of $ 7,476.78.
This current statistic is just another chapter in what will go on to be the epic journey of a cryptocurrency that took the world by storm.